New Year’s Day is typically reserved for football fans or those who need inspiration to lose weight from a marathon of The Biggest Loser. But today, I found my inspiration from the Rocky saga. Even though I had seen them all at one point or another, somehow watching them all back to back brought a new perspective.
1. You may be down, but you’re never out.
2. There’s always someone that believes in you even when you don’t believe in yourself. “Yo Adrian!”
3. You’ve gotta have heart to win the fight and the crowd.
4. Don’t forget where you’ve come from and who helped you along the way.
5. Sometimes the enemy is within you.
6. What’s new and shiny is not always the best way
7.Go out on top.
8. There is a top and a bottom–you’ll be at both at some point in your life, sometimes even twice.
9. Sometimes you need to walk away.
10. You can reinvent yourself as many times as you need.
So on the 1st day of the decade, I’ve found that some of the best lessons come from three decades ago. I wonder what this decade will teach us 30 years from now?