Another Thanksgiving is upon us and time to reflect on what I’m thankful. Of course, family, friends, health and work always top the list, but I like to think about those things that make our life easier, more comfortable, fun and interesting.
1. Remote control. Seriously, can you imagine having to get up from your sofa to flip through 100+ channels. Sadly, I can remember the days of having to change the channel, but we only had four channels and only changed the channel when one show was over on one network for another show on another network.
2. Bed. We spend a 1/3 of our life sleeping., so having a bed definetly makes life more comfortable.
3. Computer. Having the ability to work, shop, talk to friends, and watch TV shows from a 15-inch computer screen adds comfort, fun and interest to my life.
4. TiVo – This device has replaced my need for dating, and makes me happier than any man ever could. It knows what I want, when I want it and is always there when I need it.
5. Electricity – Often overlooked, but it’s a major necessity to support all the devices that makes life comfortable, including heat, air and refrigeration.
6. Prohibition Failed – Yes, kids there was an era in our country’s history where it was illegal to buy, sell alcohol. A HUGE thanks to FDR for repealing the insanity of a no booze USA.
7.The Declaration of Independence – Our founding fathers were brilliant and despite today’s political environment, those dudes knew what they were talking about– “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Because of this document, we enjoy charmed lives and have the freedom to say and do nearly anything our heart desires–that’s something to be thankful for!