Today, I drink mimosas in the morning, order take-out in the afternoon, and quietly think about the past year, the things I’m thankful for. And so I won’t forget, I take to my PC and write them down.
This year, the list although short, it’s long in quality.
1. My Genes. I am so blessed to have long and healthy genes. My grandparents and great-grandparents on both sides lived well into their 80’s and 90’s, so I’m hopeful that despite my calendar age, I am not yet considered middle-age.
2. There’s only 348 days until the general election. It’s no secret I’m not a fan of the current White House occupants, but no matter what side of the aisle you route for, you’re guaranteed that every four years you get a new choice. And this year, I’m extra thankful that there are fewer days than more days to choose new White House residents.
3. A healthy weight. This is a hard one because what woman wouldn’t be happier 10 pounds lighter? However, when I look at the inside and my numbers (cholesterol, blood pressure, resting heart rate), it’s hard to dispute that the number on the scale, is just that–a number. And with exercise and a good diet, I can only get better.
4. Nieces & nephews. Since I don’t have kids of my own, I’m especially thankful for these four kids who give me so much joy without the pain of childbirth.
5. Life. It doesn’t get any simpler than life. I’m very thankful to be alive.