The US Open has crowned a new champion, the door to the pool says, “see you next year,” parents have swept the shelves for new school supplies, and the thick humid air has given way to a fresh, crisp breeze—these are the annual rites of passage that officially tell me that summer is over.
Summer is my favorite season, so it’s hard to see it pass by, once again. However, before I swap out my t-shirts and flip-flops for sweaters and boots, I thought I’d take a moment to reminisce on the summer of 2012.
And in the spirit of what I did on my summer vacation, here’s my 2012 wrap-up.
– Lived 3 months and counting with no car
– Drove over 400 miles on my scooter
– Learned endless bus routes for NoVA
– Saw three shows at Wolf Trap
– Made one Sound of Music dress for sing-a-long
– Took my first trip to the Biltmore House
– Read 4 books
– Traveled to Germany and Austria and drank A LOT of beer
– Completed annual trip to a Virginia winery
– Survived a Derecho and 36 hours with no power.
– Finally saw the DC 4th of July fireworks