One hundred episodes, seven seasons, 43 minutes an episode adds up to one year of Buffy watching. This weekend, I came to the end of my Buffy adventures, and said good-bye to Buffy, Zander, Willow, Giles and ex-villain, turned-good vampire, Spike.
As the world waited to discover if a crazy dude in California’s predictions of the world ending were going to come true, I curled up in my big chair and half and escaped to Sunnydale where Buffy and team were on their own mission to save the world from the apocalypse.
In case you haven’t seen the series, I won’t tell you if they save the world or not, but I will share a few life lessons I learned during my journey through the mystical world of superheroes, demons and vampires.
1. Good always overcomes evil.
2. See the good in everyone. What’s on the surface does not mirror what’s on the inside.
3. People, even vampires can change.
4. Have a support system and know their strengths. You can’t survive without your friends having your back.
5. Be on guard and prepared to battle for what you know is right. There are people out there who don’t like you and want you to fail.
6. Knowledge is power. Do your research and know the risks to what you’re facing.
7. Even when it appears the whole world is against you, believe in yourself. You will find an inner strength you didn’t know you had.